Friday, June 4, 2010

Doing the Robot

I signed Weston and Emmett up for a bunch of 4-H classes this summer. And I'm really happy they wanted to take the beginning sewing class. They had the class yesterday and they were absolutely thrilled with their projects...



And, yes, they are doing the Robot move. Goofy boys.

They got to make bookmarks and bean bags...



And then drawstring hankerchief bags...



I'm not sure what move they were doing here.




The class was only $6 each. Brilliant, right? Weston will be taking a babysitting and child care class in a couple of weeks. They're going to try out a Kid Chef class. Emmett is excited for a Books to Movie Class where they're going to read How to Eat Fried Worms, do some activities to do with it and then watch the movie (this is over three days) and that class was only $6, too AND they get the book. Weston is also going to take a rock class and a geocaching one. I'm hoping to get them into the next sewing class, too where they'll make pajama pants, a pillowcase and a service project.

Most of the activities are for kids over 8 but they do have Cloverbud activities once a month for 5-8 year olds. I signed Sam up for those for the next two months. They were only $3 each! Score! I love it when the kids get to try new things.

4-H is awesome!

1 comment:

crystal said...

wow how fun is that! I think we have a 4H thing here but Im not sure how well organized it is and there is never much info about what they are doing. I will have to look into it though