Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Crockpot Challenge: Chicken Parmigiana

Mmmmm mmmmm, this one is a keeper!

Chicken Parmigiana

1 egg
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
6 boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves (I used 3 big ones cut up into big chunks...this was more than enough for us)
1 cup Italian bread crumbs (I just used some of the crumbs I keep in the freezer and added some Italian seasoning)
2-4 tablespoons butter
14 oz. jar pizza sauce (I used a big can of spaghetti sauce)
6 slices mozzarella cheese
grated Parmesan cheese

Beat egg, salt and pepper together. Dip chicken into egg and coat with bread crumbs. Saute chicken in butter in skillet. Arrange chicken in slow cooker.

Pour pizza sauce over chicken.

Cover. Cook on low 6-8 hours.

Layer mozzarella cheese over top and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cook an additional 15 minutes.

We served this over pasta. But next time I would add more spaghetti sauce. Happily this got a unanimous vote onto our Family Favorite List.

No comments: