Sunday, February 1, 2009

Crockpot Challenge: Creamy Chicken Soft Tacos



Okay, here's the recipe we tried today(it's from my ward's cookbook)....

Creamy Chicken Soft Tacos

4 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 16 oz. jar salsa
1 cup sour cream
6-8 tortillas

Place chicken in a greased slow cooker. Pour salsa over top. Cover and cook on high heat for 6-8 hours or on low heat 10-12 hours. Shread the chicken. Add sour cream and continue cooking for another 30 minutes. Place chicken mix in warm tortillas. Top with cheese and lettuce. Wrap up and devour!

This was excellent! Everyone, but Weston, voted it onto our Family Favorite's List.

Well, Sam went thumbs down. But that was only because of the lettuce. So. I'm counting his as a yes and he gets his without greens next time.

Weston eventually managed to gag it down. Apparently, he detested the taste of salsa. But Ryan and I both thought the salsa taste was major mild! It was more like a spaghetti sauce taste.

We have quite a bit leftover. I think my chicken breasts were extra large. erm. But...I mean...I'm not bragging or anything. *shrug* Some women are just blessed, ya know?

And I put extra salsa in. Anyways, we'll be having leftovers tomorrow. Weston will be thrilled.

Next on the crockpot menu...a treat for family home evening.
ETA: The next night we had the creamy chicken over crushed tortilla chips. Weston even liked it like this.

1 comment:

Beth said...

That sounds good! I am going to try it tonight.